Hi everyone! I want to thank you all so much for playing along with my Top 5 of 2012 project – In the end I think about 50 people posted lists! I really enjoyed seeing people’s reflections popping up in my blog reader for the last few weeks, and most of all, I loved discovering new blogs! (If you haven’t poked through the list of participants here, you really should!)
Before moving on to blogging about 2013 projects, I wanted to take a moment to think about what I might do differently next time. I’d love your input: If I were to propose the same project in 2013, what should we keep/change?
- It seems like 5 was a good number – though I was very happy to see people bending the “rules” by making longer or shorter lists!
- Seeing the hits and misses was a really great introduction to newly-discovered blogs – I made me want to dig back to find the original posts! Likewise, it was lovely to be reminded of past projects from familiar bloggers.
- The reflections and goals were interesting – a good chance to think about our sewing as a whole, instead of focusing project by project.
- By far, the toughest post was the Inspirations – which is funny, because it was the original motivation for the project! I wanted a chance to thank the people who helped, motivated and inspired us… but I hadn’t thought ahead to how naming some people might make us afraid of hurting others! I think this one has to change!
- 5 Local Bloggers: Introduce us to bloggers in your city/region/country! or
- Go say “Thanks!”: Instead of posting a list, go to the other people’s blogs and leave a comment saying, “Thanks for the inspiration and support!” or
- 5 online sewing stores/resources/communities that you love to use: I’m always looking for new online fabric stores, or the perfect tutorial for something tricky… This could be a catch-all category of good, useful stuff! or
- … I don’t know! Do you have any ideas?
Help! My brain has run dry… Please let me know in the comments if you have any suggestions!
(Thanks again for joining me in these posts!)