Hi everyone! Somehow it’s been 3 and a half months since I started handing out Sewing Dares! I’m a little late with this update… and I have to admit, I’m pretty sure some new dares have been handed out and I’ve forgotten to whom! If I’ve missed your sewing dare, please let me know in the comments and I’ll add you to the list! :)
Here are the finished dares so far:
- The original dare was for Kristin at K-Line to
knit a pair of socks – something she’d planned to do in her NY resolutions.Her dare is most definitely completed… she went from disliking socks-knitting, to grudgingly being fascinated, to liking it, to make more! Tenacity, thy name is Kristin!
- The second dare was for Pretty Greivances.
She bemoaned a lack of TNT blouse, so I dared her to choose one pattern and make three tops!**Dare Completed!** I like all of her new tops!
- Sew Busy Lizzy:
Hack a favourite pattern into something new. She’s going to make the Maria of Denmark Day/Night Cowl into a dress, and I know it will be fab!**Dare completed!** But wait! There’s more! One dare was not enough! She’s going to make a bathing suit AND an outfit for her trip to London! That’s bravery!
- Unique Schmuck:
Oanh is going to make two sundresses from the same pattern, at the same time!**Dare Completed!** Two lovely dresses finished!
- Three Dresses Project:
Leila is going to (gasp!) use a pattern more than once!**Dare Completed!** In fact, she made multiples of 3 different patterns! :)
- Sew Exhausted
makes beautiful things for her family – Now she’s been dared to make something nice for herself!**Dare Completed!**
- Notches and Notions:
Make something using at least 1 of the giant buttons she accidentally ordered for another project**Dare Completed**
- Maria of Denmark:
Make fun underwear and some lounge pants!**Dare Completed!**
- House of Pinheiro
is going to make a loose-fitting top – with Maria of Denmark’s Kimono Tee PDF pattern to boot!**Dare Completed!**
is going to start a blog!**Dare Completed!** Go check our her lovely new blog!
has been dared to be social on Twitter every day for a week.**Dare Completed!** @grainlinestudio was a busy tweeter!
- Sew and So
is making #onedresstorulethemall – her wedding dress! meanwhile, she’s been dared to join twitter and post a list of things she’ll make once the wedding dress is done!**Dare Completed!** Well done!
- My original dare
from Pretty Grievances was to mix prints.**Dare Completed!**
is going to make something from Gertie’s book – work appropriate for her new job!🙂**Dare Completed!**
- Handmade by Heather B:
Heather is going to make something flirtatious for going out/events. Va-va-voom!**Dare Completed!** It’s really fabulous!
- Chris Lucas
is going to make herself a cute high-waisted pencil skirt!**Dare Completed!**
- Bimble and Pimple:
Amanda make a plain single-colour dress! (I trust she will still make it fun though, with texture or shape or trim or something!)**Dare Completed!** I want an exact copy of this skirt!
- Ginger Makes is going to bite the bullet and make a bodice sloper! Oh yeah – and
she let Oona pick out fabric for her next Mood Network project!**Dare Completed!** In glorious, glorious style!
has accepted a dare from GingerMakes and SownBrooklyn to make her dear husband a shirt! Will there be vibrant spandex leggings to match?**Dare Completed** (Or so I’m told!) Jamie at Such a Strange Girl is going to make her first knit top!**Dare Completed** She just posted about it today! Nice timing! :) Sown Brooklyn will make something designed/drawn by one of her kids!**Dare Completed!** Wow. I think this was the toughest of all the sewing dares that I handed out – but she’s done it! A superhero inspired dress based on a drawing of her daughter’s! Go check it out!
- Jagoda was dared by Catja from Geometry to make something with her Ikea fabric – and she made floral pants for spring!
- Kat from Petticoats and Peplums is sewing matching mother-daughter outfits for herself and her adorable little girl! **DARE COMPLETED!** Oh my gosh. So adorable!
- Catja from Gjeometry is making something for herself with Ikea fabric from a recent haul, and also de-fuggifying an 80’s pattern! **Skirt DARE COMPLETED!** It’s so cute on her!
- Rachel at My Messings is done hosting her Hollyburn sewalong, and is ready for a dare: To make something, anything, that goes under a dress! **Dare Completed!** Go check out what she has under her dress! ;)
- SewTell has just moved to a new place, so she’s going to sew some cushions for her couch! ***DARE COMPLETED*** Didn’t she choose cool fabrics? Love it!
There dares are still in progress:
- Hot Mess Heifer is going to make not 1, not 2, but 3 t-shirts! (She already had one cut out – Head start!)
- Seamless’ Elena has been dared by SewBusyLizzy to make one dress for work, and style it 4 ways!
- Clare from SewDixieLou: Make an everyday, “signature” dress from her vintage stash
- Inge from IngeMaat: Remake one of her least “Top 5 Fails” from 2012 into something (anything!) that she loves or is useful.
- Erin at Dog Under My Desk is going to sew a t-shirt! (You won’t regret it – T-shirts are my favourite sewing project!)
- Amity Originals is going to make trousers! (Brave woman!)
- Suzy Sewing is going to do two dares: Make a t-shirt AND use a croquis for sketching dress designs.
- My awesomesauce sister Anne is a dye-hard knitter (See what I did there? Hahaha – puns.) She’s going to design and co-sew a knitting project bag! She’s started with a Pinterest board full of ideas…
- In return, Oona has challenge ME to make a maxi dress – out of Liberty Lifestyle? Eeek! I’ve also been dared to use piping, and learn to rotate darts.
- Buzy Lizzie in Brizzy is going to make a vintage shirtdress!
- Buckingham Road has accepted two dares: Make something out of knit, and make pants, a skirt or a dress to go with her fantastic Cordova Jacket!
- Thewallinna gave herself a serious challenge: Finish her couture dress!
- Falling Through Your Clothes has too much in her stash (poor woman! :P) so she is going to use one piece to sew something for herself, and give away another piece or use it to sew for someone else!
- Made with Hugs and Kisses is in training to be a teacher, so I’ve dared her to sew an interview dress!
- Suzanne of http://mybeaubaby.blogspot.com/ has been dared by Oona, Ginger and others to make a garment that she’ll proudly show the guts of, perhaps to the point of it being reversible.
- Kate took a break from blogging to plan her wedding, but she’s officially Mrs. Nakano now, and she’s got a new blog to match! She’s been dared to make and blog something in the next ten days – by Feb. 13th!
- Sally from The Quirky Peach is going to use stash fabric to make one of the new indie patterns she bought recently! She did give it a shot, but wisely tossed it when the fabric wasn’t working out…
- Andrea at Stitch Parade is going to make a garment (using a print!) that celebrates her new life this year on the west coast of Canada.
- GMarie is going to recreate a RTW dress with red cherries from Vogue 8728!
- Hanny Bobbins is going to use her new serger to make a knitting project bag!
- Velosewer practically dared herself to make a bra, so I added in the challenge of making matching underwear!
- Kirsty from Rocket Sews is going to draft her own knit dress, and maybe even make a tutorial for us!
- Erin from Miss Crayola Creepy is going to remake one of the patterns from the Colette Sewing Handbook – I first met her during the sewalong this time last year, so it seems like a perfect dare!
- Rochelle from Lucky Lucille (also part of the Colette Sewalong with Erin!) is going to make a vintage playsuit for summer, and then release her first PDF sewing pattern! Go Rochelle!
- Becky from Sew-and-So is busy finishing up her wedding dress, but after that, she’s going to indulge/break her stashbusting pledge by buying new fabric and a pattern for something fun!
- Dottie Doodle is going to make a comfy outfit for her days working from home that is also cute enough to wear out and about!
- Sandra from Just Sew Sandra is going to pick one of the challenges from the Great British Sewing Bee and try it out herself! Will she finish a project in the time limit? Wait and see! :)
For those of us with incomplete dares hanging over our heads… remember, stop if it’s not fun! If it’s not exciting and motivating, there’s no point, right? We’ll give you a new, more exciting dare instead. This is our hobby, for goodness sakes!🙂 Make it fun.
If that hasn’t scared you off… There’s always space for new dares! If you want one, just leave a comment below or hollar at my on Twitter. Get the graphic yourself, and start sewing/blogging/daring more sewists!