** Edited: If you are posting Top 5 lists, you can now head over to this post and leave a link to your posts in the comments!**
Can you believe the year is almost over? Eeek! How did that happen? It does mean one good thing though – It’s time for the Top 5 of 2014 series!
I started this little tradition in 2012, and invited you to join me… and was shocked when people actually did! (I’d only been blogging for a year at the time, and the term “sewcialist” hadn’t even been created… I don’t think I was on Twitter, and certainly not Instagram… In other words, it was only 2 years ago, but a lot has changed.) Last year over 100 bloggers participated. I wonder how many will join in this year?
How does this work?
Take some time to celebrate your accomplishments by writing a series of Top 5 posts about your hits, misses, highlights, reflections and goals. The only rule is that there are no rules: You can change, adapt, or combine the posts in any way you want! I usually start posting my own lists midway through December, and finish up in the first week of January, but you can post at your own pace.
What are the post categories?
- Top 5 Hits: What have you worn or loved the most? (This could include TNTs or a special frock for a big event. It’s up to you!)
- Top 5 Misses: What went wrong or never got worn? (We all have those horrific fails tossed in a corner, right? Or the garments we wore for blog photos and never again? It’s time to ‘fess up!)
- Top 5 Highlights: Tell us about 5 non-sewing highlights of your year! (This is a new category this year, designed to celebrate your life beyond sewing! This could be about work, family, health, or your other hobbies.)
- Top 5 Reflections: Looking back, what have you learned about sewing or yourself? (We often focus narrowly on each project, so this is a chance to step back and appreciate the whole picture.)
- Top 5 Goals: What do you hope to achieve in 2015? (General or specific, what are you looking forward to trying?)
How can I join?
Easy! Just grab the graphic from Flickr, and start writing! You could also share on Instragram or Twitter using the hashtag #sewingtop5. Once things get rolling I’ll have a post on my blog where you can link to your list in the comments, and explore the links from other sewists.
That’s it! I hope you join in, in whatever way makes sense for your busy life. I always make new friends through this series, and get to know familiar bloggers better!
Are you in?