The original “deadline” for sewing dares was the end of May, but I believe in procrastination, so I’ve extended it to the end of June! After that, *poof!* your dare will disappear – unless you want to hold yourself to it! I just don’t want anyone to feel an icky sense of obligation. This is about FUN!
I’m so pleased that lots of dares have already been completed! I finished my own… but don’t worry, I’ve been dared with another!😉
- Elena is working on complimenting herself herself out loud or on twitter every time she wears a me-made in MMM, and blogging once a week this month! DONE!
- Sonja is going to make Carolyn pyjamas…
- …and she’s dared me to make a woven dress! DONE! And although I didn’t love it when I first made it, I wore it to work and couldn’t stop stroking the soft challis. I think I’m in love!
- For my second dare, Meg has dared me to sew a v-neck t-shirt, which I’ve always been too chicken to try.
- Jeni is going to sew at least 3 of the 4 fabrics she recently bought at Mood.
- Jennifer Shaw is going to make a maxi dress for a festival…
- Bea has agreed to sew a cardigan AND use some stash fabric! DONE!
- Carly has been dared to either sew something inspired by her recent trip to Japan, or use a TNT wintery pattern to make something for summer!
- Tasha has been dared to make shorts.
- Meg has been dared to make more trousers/jeans for MMM. DONE!
- Lauren is going to make a quilt to take to uni next year…
- Elizabeth has already started working on her dare to try reverse applique on clothing! DONE!
- Charlotte is going to give new life to an old piece of knitting (me-made or thrifted) in the name of sustainability.
- Heather promised to make a jacket of some kind! DONE!
- Cari dared Sarah to make something modern inspired by something from her vintage sewing pinboard.
- In return, Cari is going to work towards shorts for summer.
- Meris has started making a pair of Ginger jeans to fill gaps in her MMM wardrobe!
- Stephanie is going to work on either a jumpsuit or a date-night dress for a night out without the baby! DONE! (She made two Nettie dresses, but I don’t know how to link to an IG pic…)
- I must have no mercy, because I dared V to sew a secret pyjama knit dress – right up my alley but something new for her! DONE! (But again on IG…)
- Michelle will write a post for the Curvy Sewing Collective, and maybe even sew up a pattern from her (fabulous) weekly pattern roundups! DONE! Not just a post, but Michelle is now an Editor over at CSC, and making great contributions already!
- Rowena is planning to sew the Granville she’s be planning for months, and
maybe even try something with knits!She self-drafted a knit dress and sewed it in merino, and it’s fab!
- Andrea dared Kristen has been dared to make Ginger jeans or a cardigan…
- Mother of Reinvention is going to sew a Bianca top to fit in with her Wardrobe Architect plans! DONE!
- Jo has already finished her dare to try a Japanese sewing pattern… and then she went and made a second version too! I’m so impressed, and I hope I’ve got her hooked!
- Andrea is going to make wide-legged pants and something by a Canadian designer (but I’m not expecting either until summer holidays hit, because we are both teachers!)
- Sue plans to make something inspired by a childhood outfit or an old favourite item of clothing. DONE!
- Kten is going to make a maxi dress for summer, and maybe a Morrix blazer too! DONE and DONE!
- Rachel has been dared to make something embroidered for her brand new baby, or maybe a pillow case for her older daughter!
- Crafternoon Nap has been dared to make a wrap dress inspired by the DVF exhibit
- Vanessa has been dared to make something from a pattern book…
- Margo already finished her dare to sew for someone in her family (proof on IG) and is going to make something beachworthy!
- Karen is going to make a nice project bag for her knitting.
- Kat has been dared to make 2 tees for MMM… KAt, do you count your Scout and Onyx as DONE?
- Lisa is going to make something to wear with her Jade skirts in summer. DONE!
- Su has been dared to make more tops for MMM! DONE – and she made 4!
- Lou got dared to blog some of her IG pics, and post about her Ginger jeans. (Done!)
- Teri got dared to finally finish her Archer, and it’s DONE!
- Alessa has been dared to get going on her sewing plans my making a top, skirt and dress!
- Dottie Doodle is going to make a cardigan!
- Elizabeth has been dared to make something from her pattern wishlist.
- Kat is going to sew a vintage pattern on a matching vintage-era machine, as she promised to do earlier this year!
- Ginny is going to try out a new-to-her pattern designer AND do a guest post about sewing lingerie in July on the Sewcialist website!!!
I’m so pleased with how many dares are done! As a teacher, it’s oddly satisfying to come up with the right challenge for each person – rather a lot of my day is spent tailoring things to individuals on the fly (aka. How much writing can I expect this child to do before they throw a tantrum/furniture?) Thank you for not throwing a chair at me if my dare didn’t inspire!
If you finish your dare, please comment below with a link to your post/pic, so we can see how it went! I’ll do one final wrap-up at the end of June.
PS. July is going to be lingerie month over on the Sewcialist blog, so if you are interested in joining us or doing a guest post, head over there and let me know! Bras, undies, slips, corsets, even PJs are all welcome – sew whatever you want, and put pics in our flickr group to be included in the round-up! I’ve signed up for a weekend course in bra-making as my birthday treat, and I can’t wait!