Are you ready for #sewingdares? It’s easy and anyone can join in!
Here’s how it works:
- Ask for a dare in the comments or on Instagram (I’m @gilliancrafts)
- Include a link to your blog or sewing-related social media
- You can give some parameters or leave it wide open
- I, or someone else, will dig through your blog/social media to get to know you and your sewing style, and think up a sewing dare tailored just for you! Something to take you slightly out of your comfort zone or to help build your wardrobe, but nothing way out in left field.
- You decide if you want to take on the dare! Blog it or post it, and come back and leave me a link to the finished project so I can include it in a #sewingdares wrap-up post!
And here are the rules:
- Have fun. Stop if it is not fun.
- There is no rush – Do your dare whenever you want!
- Did I mention to have fun?
I’ve run this #sewingdares challenge a few times in the past, starting waaaaay back in 2013! It’s lots of fun, you just might fall in love with a new kind of project – like Kristin, my very first sewing dare, who I dared to try knitting socks, and is still knitting them 3 years later! That said, I’d never want a sewing dare to hang over your head and feel oppressive, so if you accept a dare but then don’t get around to it, don’t worry! We won’t hold you to it. (Unless you tell us too!)
So, do you dare to dare? Leave a comment below with your blog/social media link asking for a dare, and let the games begin! Dare yourself, dare me, dare each other!