It happens every September. I blog like mad all summer, I save some posts up for the start of school, and then school starts and… crickets.
My husband was sick 5 days into the school year, and I made it 9 days. I wake up in darkness, and I get desperately sleepy by 8:30pm. I’m getting back into driving 2.5+ hours a day. We even coped ok with having to buy a new car sooner than expected, when the driver’s door stopped opening on our old Pontiac.
I love my job, but I’m a crap blogger at this time of year. I’ve got posts ready that I could put up on the blog, but I’m too worn out to reply to comments, so I won’t post them. WHICH IS OK! I’m not really apologising… just putting my thoughts out there, because I love blogging and it’s part of what keeps me happy and positive.
So instead, find me elsewhere on the interwebs:
- On Cali Fabric’s blog, with matching t-shirts for my sister and I.
- At Spool and Spindle, teaching t-shirts in October and t-shirt hacks in November. I’m so excited for the hack class!!!
- On Instagram, where I tanked out of the #sewphotohop in the first week!
- On Facebook, where Nicole Morgan and I started a closed group called “Sew that dang coat already!” for people like me who make big promises but never actually make that coat!
- On the Curvy Sewing Collective, trying to politely tell beginner sewists not to get sucked into the quest for perfection with WAY TOO MANY MUSLINS.
- On Facebook in the Curvy Sewing Collective Community closed FB group. We started this group in August, and holy moly, it’s unstoppable! I honestly can’t stay on top of it (lucky we’ve got such great volunteer mods, because otherwise it would take more time to run than the actual CSC website, with is time-consuming enough!) If you are looking for a welcoming and inclusive place to ask any question about sewing, or get 40 compliments on any picture, this is your place. As always “curvy” is undefined, so if you sew or want to sew, you are welcome.
Here’s what else Instagram says I’ve been up to:
Making a Pinterest-inspired asymmetrical tunic that I didn’t like, and turned into pyjamas; Trying out a MyImage magazine from MadeByOranges.com; Making a simple kimono tee because somehow I don’t have enough tops in my wardrobe.
Sew That Dang Coat Already; Volunteering at the Terry Fox Run; Buying kitty fabric at Fabric.com and stripes at Fabricland!
Funny that I started this post thinking I’d been silent online… I guess I’ve been busy enough! See you back here when routine settles in and my body catches up with the demands of the day!