It’s back! For the 5th year running, I’m inviting you to join me for an end-of-year sewing round-up!
Here’s how it works:
Between now and the start of January, post on your blog or IG feed about the following topics, and tag them #sewingtop5:
- Top 5 Hits (favourite or most worn makes)
- Top 5 Misses (projects that didn’t work out or rarely got worn)
- Top 5 Non-Sewing Highights (What did you do this year besides sew? These could be big or small accomplishments – anything from “run a marathon” to “get new glasses”!)
- Top 5 Reflections (Looking back, what can you learn about yourself as a sewist?)
- Top 5 Goals (What would you like to sew in 2017, or what skills/attitudes would you like to learn?)
There are no hard and fast rules or deadlines. You can post roundups if and when you want, on the topics that interested you. Combine a few in a post, or dig into each one separately. These are the perfect posts to keep your blog rolling even when you are busy with secret sewing for the holidays!
I always love going back through my blog to see what I’ve made in the last year. Sometimes there are projects I’ve forgotten (wilfully, if they turned out awful!) or patterns that feel like old classics even though I’ve only been sewing them a short time!
To get in the mood, here are my Top 5 Hits posts from the last four years! (What did I sew in 2012? Spoilers – a shocking amount of quilting cotton clothing!)
Once things get rolling, I’ll put up a post where you can link to your own roundups. It’s a great way to explore new-to-you blogs!
I do hope you’ll join me! 2016 had some rough spots worldwide, but it was a great year in sewing!