If there’s one thing I know about sewing, it’s about whipping up some simple knit tops, skirts and dresses.
Lazy Tips for Sewing Knits: aka. The Basics
- Trim the selvedge
- Finding the grainline
- Cutting tools
- Pattern paper matters
- If it works, do it!
- Basic steps for sewing a t-shirt
- Choosing the right length for a knit neckband
- Prewash, dang it!
- Easing circle skirt hems with a serger
- Setting Knit Sleeves Flat
- Flat Piping Knits with Elastic
- Anatomy of a (Faux) Wrap Dress
- Quick and easy t-shirt cuffs
- Even Skirt Hems
Lazy Tips for Fixing Knits: Tweaking knits to be better once you are done!
You might also want to check out:
- Renfrew Madness – What fabrics work best for a basic tee?
- How to give any stretch pants an elastic waistband (Here’s an example on jeans as well!)